A benchmark in Sound Reinforcement With the HiMaxX series, FBT establishes a reference point on the scenario of 12” and 15” sound reinforcement polypropylene enclosures, introducing performance and technical content of an impressive standard. The engineering of the enclosures, the use of switch mode power supplies and high efficiency power amplifiers, the custom design of the transducers made FBT’s R&D team achieve the maximum in power/weight ratio. Three models; two 2-way full-range enclosures in polypropylene, HiMaxX 40 (12”+1”) and HiMaxX 60 (15’’+1.4”), plus a compact 18’’ bandpass SUB in birch plywood (HiMaxX 100Sa). Compact and light weight, HiMaxX brilliantly solve all the most demanding needs for bands, musicians and professionals looking for powerful, versatile and very high quality loudspeaker enclosures. Ideal for live and sound reinforcement applications requiring ease of transport, they are also suited to fixed installations, thanks to the cabinets’ design and optional accessories.
- A powerful dynamic design for aggressive clean-cut lines. A sturdy light-weight enclosure that ensures great versatility and is ready for installation, thanks to its special mounting points and optional accessories. The asymmetrical design enables the enclosures to be used as stage monitors.
- A specially designed control panel ensures ease of use and intuitive control. Mic/Line input, auxiliary stereo input with (HiMaxX 40a), 3-band EQ, ground-lift, diagnostic LED.
- Loudspeaker components are engineered in collaboration with B&C. FBT studied and designed special chassis. A more efficient ventilation circuit with a consequent reduction of 2dB “power compression”, a considerably stiffer cone to improve reliability and distortion and an even more powerful neodymium magnet to increase control and efficiency. The voice coil has a diameter of 75 mm (3”) for higher power handling and reliability.
- B&C compression driver with a 25 mm (1’’) throat and 44 mm (1.7’’) coil (HiMaxX 40) for high power handling. Thanks to the use of a shorting copper cap, high frequencies are even more dynamic and crystal-clear.
- The development of the innovative amplifier is the result of years of research by the FBT R&D labs. It manages to combine the contrasting features of lightness, high power, efficiency and reliability, using the very latest technology. A switch mode power supply to reduce the weight and increase the power output velocity, a very high performance PWM amplifier for the low frequencies, to maximize the power fed out with minimum heat dissipation. A Class G amplifier for the high frequencies enables to achieve the audio quality of a Class A, with a much higher output.
- The silent preamplifier manufactured with SMD technology has the job of handling the equalization, 24dB/oct crossover, sophisticated protections, limiter and the commands of the control panel.
- The horn’s profile has been designed to ensure greater directivity control and lower distortion. The dispersion angle is 90°H x 60°V.